Monday, November 12, 2007

Endorphin Rush

I was surprised the other day when I went to the Fetus and the electronic section had been shrunk down down even more than it was the last time I was there. Apparently dance music was even more of a phase than I thought.

Even more surprising was the fact that they did not have the one album that I had gone there specifically to pick up-Burial's sophmore release Untrue. Now dubstep isn't exactly on top of the US' tongue, but his first album easily went beyond the standard dubstep crowd and appealed to a pretty large audience.

With this new album there was a lot of anticipation to see how it would sound and if it would be possible to hold a candle to the first one.

Ghost Hardware which was released a few months ago kindled some hope, but I wasn't sure if the entire album could keep up.

Well suffice to say that after listening to the new one several times already, it has matched and maybe even surpassed the first release. From the spaced out, future groove, 2-step of Archangel to the Pole-ish Endorphin, or the outer space funk of my personal fav, Homeless there is hardly a wasted moment. the use of vocals is brilliant in their capacity to draw you into these sparse, moody tunes.

You can find plenty of praise out there in webland, so I will leave it at that and definitely reccomend that you pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment