Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Eats - La Chaya Bistro (brunch)

I had read a review of La Chaya earlier in the week and was intrigued by the concept of a Mexican-Italian restaurant. 

Once I saw the brunch menu, I knew I was going to have to try it soon and since brunch ended up just being Liane and I today, it was a perfect opportunity.

It turned out to be a great choice too as we both had fabulous meals.

We started with a pecan scone that was excellent and a fresh squeezed glass of blood orange juice.

Liane had the huevos rancheros which were simple but very tasty.  a single homemade corn tortilla topped with a fried egg and then a red salsa.  it had fried black beans and a small salad on the side as well.

I had the mollete, slices of bread topped with fried black beans, chorizo, and topped with cheese.  all of this run through the oven to make it nice and toasty and melty.  this also came with a salad that was a nice complement to the meal with its bright lemon dressing.

I am looking forward to trying their dinner menu, but they are definitely going to be a regular part of our brunch roster from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment