Monday, March 26, 2007

Last week on the bike

Well last week was my first week on the bike for the season and what a wild week.

Sunday the 18th was the first time I was on a bike outside my house since last October but it was just a short ride to meet H for brunch no big deal really except that it was about 35 degrees or so and it was probably the coldest temp I had ridden in. Now I know that makes me seem like a sissy and I do have friends who ride all winter long every year, but this was cold for me (although in the end it wasn't really that bad so we will see come next fall).

I was too busy during the week to try and get out but since I was off on Friday L and I went out for short rides on Friday and Saturday. It was the first time I was able to check out my new bike in real riding situation. We only went about six miles on Friday and 8 on Saturday, but it was nice to just get out and get used to the new bike.

Sunday I went on my own for a short ride that was into a headwind for most of it and that sucked. Granted getting a bit of a tailwind for part of it was nice.

overall week 1 and 23 miles so not too bad.

Hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow and Thursday so I can get out after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment