Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Music and the problems with Liberals

New music Tuesday and a couple of anticipated releases with super quick one listen reviews

Air - Pocket Symphony
I was not a fan of Talkie Walkie. I just found it a little disappointing, so I wasn't sure what to think of their new album, but I am glad that I did. Upon first listen, it reminds me of their older pre-10,000 Hertz work. The track with Neil Hannon, "Somewhere Between Waking and Sleeping," sticks out as perhaps my favorite on first listen, but I am looking forward to giving it a good follow-up listen at home or in the headphones

Arcade Fire - Neon bible
I was pretty tentative about this album as well, since the last couple of sophomore albums I picked up were disappointing to say the least. The $7.98 price tag at your friendly neighborhood Target helped make up my mind, and I am glad it did. While not as good as their first album at first listen, it is definitely a solid release. Interestingly "intervention" is the one track that sounds the most like their debut, but there are a number of other solid tunes, especially the latter half of the album-"My Body Is A Cage" being one of them.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment