Once again it took me until this morning to find the results of the second stage of the NVGP. IT looks like my prediction of an easy time for Toyota-United to hold onto the yellow jersey were a little premature.
The second stage in the cannon falls area is usually a windy affair but even with potentially severe weather simply passing overhead there wasn't much wind to speak of so it was a little different affair. It looks like Toyota-United spent too much energy trying to reel in a break and that Health Net, Navigators, and BMC were only too happy to take advantage with Kirk O'Bee taking the yellow.
It would seem that he would have to be the favorite at this point with 2 solid stages under his belt, but with the time trial this morning-that I don't have results for yet-and the looming Stillwater Crit it remains to be seen if he can hold on.
Stage 2 results:
1. Kirk O'Bee - Health Net prsented by Maxxis 2.21'31"
2. Martin Gilbert - Kelly Benefit Strategies/Medifast ST
3. Daniel Schmatz - BMC Pro Cycling Team ST
4. Ivan Stevic - Toyota-United Pro Cycling ST
5. Evan Elken - Jittery Joe's ST
1. Kirk O'Bee Health Net prsented by Maxxis 3.20'30"
2. Ivan Stevic Toyota-United Pro Cycling 10"
3. Martin Gilbert Kelly Benefit Strategies/Medifast 15"
4. Daniel Schmatz BMC Pro Cycling Team 19"
5. Evan Elken Jittery Joe's 25"
6. Cesar Grajales Jittery Joe's 25"
7. Frank Pipp Health Net prsented by Maxxis 25"
8. Rory Sutherland Health Net prsented by Maxxis 25"
9. Carlos Alzate Colombian National Team 25"
10.Darren Lill Navigators Insurance Cycling Team 25"