No surprise to anyone Big George took home the win. Hopefully if he hadn't been injured for the spring classics, Johan would have gotten the team behind him then but at least he got his chance once this year.
Ivan Domiguez showed why he is the man this year in the sprinter's realm by wining another stage and wrapping up the points jersey. Big up to Rollin for taking the intermediate sprint and making him work for it though.
Speaking of Rollin way to represent by getting third in the stage and grabbing third overall over Canada.
and of course big up to Slipstream for getting 2nd overall with Frisckorn, best young rider with Cozza, and #1 in the team classification. All this without the big names even starting...nice.
All in all not a bad beginning to what will hopefully be a regular addition to the US racing schedule.
1. George Hincapie (USA), Discovery Channel, 21:00:33
2. William Frischkorn (USA), Slipstream-Chipotle, at 1:38
3. Dominique Rollin (Can), KodakGallery-Sierra Nevada, at 2:09
4. David Cañada (Sp), Prodir-Saunier Duval, at 2:21
5. Michael Friedman (USA), Slipstream-Chipotle, at 2:46
6. Frank Pipp (USA), Health Net-Maxxis, at 2:51
7. Valeriy Kobzarenko (Ukr), Navigators Insurance, at 3:06
8. Andrew Randell (Can), Symmetrics, at 3:50
9. Stefan Parinussa (G), Team Sparkasse, at 4:26
10. Matthew Rice (Aus), Jelly Belly, at 6:16
2007 Tour of Missouri
Winner: George Hincapie, Discovery Channel
Points: Ivan Dominguez (Cub), Toyota-United
Mountains: Jeff Louder, Health Net-Maxxis
Best young rider: Steven Cozza, Slipstream-Chipotle
Most aggressive: John Parr, Tecos