Looks like today's Time Trial will definitely decide the winner as Levi held onto the yellow jersey again. Interestingly it seemed that Discovery tried to force the hands of the other teams by sitting on the front of the peleton, but not pushing too hard and allowing a break to sit out there for most of the day. Now granted yesterdays break was much less dangerous than the previous days with Jens Voigt, but they seemed content to wait until someone else wanted to join them to really start pushing it, which Rabobank and Liquigas finally did in the last 30 miles.
And talk about a close finish...wow, Bettini by a nose.
Wonder if Rory Sutherland will be able to stay on the podium? It would be nice to see a domestic team up there but I don't have high hopes.
1. Levi Leipheimer (USA), Discovery Channel, 17:52:12
2. Jens Voigt (G), CSC, at 0:03
3. Rory Sutherland (Aus), Health Net-Maxxis, at 0:15
4. Christopher Horner (USA), Predictor-Lotto, at 0:16
5. Ardila Cano Mauricio Alberto (Col), Rabobank, at 0:17
6. Ben Day (Aus), Navigators Insurance, at 0:18
7. Ryder Hesjedal (Can), Health Net-Maxxis, at 0:19
8. Michael Rogers (Aus), T-Mobile, s.t.
9. Sergey Lagutin (Uzb), Navigators Insurance, at 0:20
10. Stuart O'Grady (Aus), CSC, s.t.