Saturday, February 24, 2007

ToC - Stage 6

Wow what a great day of racing. I knew that it was possible this stage could have an effect on the overall GC, but I really wasn't expecting the level of intensity that was today's stage.

I'm a Quickstep fan persoanlly, but CSC really won me over today and I will definitely be watching them throughout the season. Considering that this race doesn't mean anything inthe grand scheme of the year, they raced as if it was one of the Grand Tours. Attack after attack and then Stuart O'Grady, what else can you say. Being the virtual yellow over the majority of the stage just killing it the entire time. Props to the rest of that break as well.

I kind of wish they could have stayed out there, but Disco did what Disco does and just put the pedal to the meddle and got some late help from Health Net that was just enough to catch the break only 3km from the finish. Setting up the awesome sprint finish and I thought Bettini might pull off his second win of the tour, but mad props to JJ Haedo for grabbing the win.

Overall
1. Levi Leipheimer (USA), Discovery Channel
2. Jens Voigt (G), CSC, at 0:21
3. Jason McCartney (USA), Discovery Channel, at 0:54
4. Bobby Julich (USA), CSC, at 1:06
5. Stuart O'Grady (Aus), CSC, at 1:16
6. Christian Vande Velde (USA), CSC, at 1:24
7. Michael Rogers (Aus), T-Mobile, at 1:32
8. Ben Day (Aus), Navigators Insurance, at 1:38
9. Franco Pellizotti (I), Liquigas-Bianchi, at 1:41
10. Ryder Hesjedal (Can), Health Net-Maxxis, at 1:57

No comments:

Post a Comment