Thursday, August 09, 2007

everybody's got one

So I was checking out the whole controversy caused by Elizabeth Edward’s comments on media coverage for her husband or reasons for the lack there of via this guy and in the comments at Feministing I came across this:

“Thanks for posting this, and for the clarification. I think a lot of the time young feminists can see that something is wrong in a statement or event, but they're not sure exactly what it is. Putting your finger on the heart of the problem is really helpful.
Posted by: manathe”


I really hope there is some sarcasm on display here that I’m missing because this is a perfect example of what irritates me about all sorts of people lately.

I have a novel idea…how about we think for ourselves? How about we learn to form an opinion on our own? Is there something wrong with her statement or not? what should I have for dinner? It seems like so many people are afraid of their own feelings and opinions.

Oh my, what if my opinion isn’t right? What will I do? what will people think about me? Just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment