Wednesday, August 01, 2007

HOLY $%&!

WOW...I am at a loss for words right now.

Seeing the images of the 35W bridge collapse is just jaw dropping. I got home from dropping off a bike at the shop and turned on the news to see the chaos ensuing just a couple miles from my house.

Once it sank in what had happened, I almost needed to sit down. I drive across that bridge practically every car trip I take and perhaps more frightening I ride underneath it several times a week-usually around 6 O'clock.

MY favorite bike routes take me under that bridge along the river road and the only reason I wasn't riding today was that I was lazy with my trip coming up tomorrow and let the heat talk me out of it.

My heart goes out to all those injured and killed in the collapse and I just hope that no one was on the river road at the time either in a vehicle, jogging, or from our extended cycling family here in the twin cities.

more to come I'm sure

No comments:

Post a Comment