Friday, April 20, 2007

Until next time and the problem with Democrats

All right...I am a little late on this as I wasn't sure if I was going to mention it but what the hell.

I planned a little date night for April 8th and it was a ton of fun.

WE went to Adelita's on Central for some Mexican which was a little mixed. I liked my dish but L was not so enamored with her seafood burrito, though she didn't mind bringing it for leftovers so it couldn't have been too bad. Apparently it is owned by the same people who own Chiapas across the street, but they are intending to make it a touch more upscale than that.

Afterwards we went to the Mexican bakery and grabbed a couple deserts for later (again L struck out by discovering she does not like flan).

Then finally we were off to the main event of the evening the season finale of the Electric Arc Radio Show. The show was really good as always and the New Standards were pretty good, though I thought their arrangement of London Calling could have been a little more original (a very minor complaint though).

This brings me to my complaint about Democrats. They had a special guest at the show and it was Al Franken. He came out at the end and talked a little and it was a very underwhelming experience. I would like to point out that up until now I have been very excited to see what he was going to bring to the race for senate in '08 as I respect a lot of his views on issues.

Unfortunately he did not live up to my expectations at all. He seemed uncomfortable with the whole politician shtick and most of what he had to say was about Democrats doing this and Democrats doing that and we need to get Democrats into this office and that one.

I'm sorry but just electing card-carrying Democrats isn't the solution to all the issues in our country. Democrats don't come pre-loaded with all the answers and frequently make dumb mistakes too.

I guess that what I want from my politicians are answers. I want to know what they think can be done to fix things and even what they think needs fixing. All in all Franken is going to have to do a lot more now to get me to give him my vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment