Sunday, April 29, 2007

Last week on the bike

Talk about a great week to be biking. Now to be sure there was a chill in the air in the mornings and such, but since most of my mid-week riding is towards the end of the day it didn't bother me too much.

Unfortunately I did have to take Thursday off from riding but only because I had ridden the previous 6 days straight and my legs were shot. I know that to those who ride as sole means of transportation I might seem like a sissy, but I am trying to build up so cut me some slack.

I cut out of work early on Monday to commute to class and I ended up staying home on Wednesday so I commuted to class then as well as Friday.

As for the road bike I went Tuesday after work for a quick ride down to the river and back for 8 miles just to stretch. Then on Saturday L & I rode the river road to Franklin St and back about 12 miles. L was a little rusty this being her first ride over 10 miles this year, but I felt great. It was exciting to see all my riding paying off.

Sunday I decided to get up and essentially ride the same route by myself before riding to meet E for brunch. Needless to say it was a little more difficult day 2 in a row, but I fully expect it to get easier each week.

It looks like weather will keep me from commuting to school Monday, but I should be on the bike most of the remaining week.

I also made a deal with myself that if I ride 1000 miles this summer, I will get a new tattoo. I am thinking that it won't be that hard since I should be 20% there by end of next week.

Weekly Total:
33 Road/30 Commute
Season Total 165

No comments:

Post a Comment